Mandy’s been bugging me about posting the pictures from last week online, so here they are!
On September 11th, I was asked to be a part of a project that the school is working on. It wasn’t till September 14th, that I found out exactly what the film is about. It’s going to be a recruitment video that is going to be sent out to 2,500 people, about the school itself. One portion of the video discusses services for deaf students, and the part that we participated in was the services that they provide for Cochlear Implant recipients.
Mandy and I, before shooting starts
The Cochlear Implant Booth, before the Film team took it apart
Setting up the lights. I noticed they use different lights than I do for photo, and have a different approach to film, as compared to photography.
Most of the stuff that they brought with them, still packed up.
Dismantling the CI booth to set up for the film.
The CI booth, with all the equipment inside of it.
The guy in charge, Dave, and Mandy, signing the release forms
White Card Testing. They actually used a white card, while in photo, we use gray cards.
I forgot their names at the moment, but they both had “D” names. I think one was Dan.
The view from where Mandy and I were sitting.
What a MAP looks like on the computer. (yes, this one is mine, with a few extra modifications post-picture)
Hooked up to the computer!
Yay, we did it!
The bad dead rabbit picture, in the food category in Sound&Beyond. (mentioned here)
And finally, the word that just won’t die…MANGO! I actually had a fit when this one came up, because it was the first time I had seen it in the entire test, and I knew it was going to be the VERY last word, and it just HAD to be mango. Go figure.
Overall, it was a fun experience. We both had the giggles at one point because we messed up, and because we weren’t sure what to do. We did one MAP session with sign/speech, and another one with just voice (which is how I normally do it).
I did my hair all nice, and it was down (for the first time in forever). It wasn’t till we started filming that they wanted me to put my hair up, so they could see the CI on my head. So I had to do a last minute hairstyle change, and I didn’t have any elastics, but Mandy came to the rescue with one!
After we were finished, we did actual therapy, which is mentioned here.